The Lutheran faith is a teaching movement. Learning is lifelong, centered on biblical teaching, and fosters our relationships with God and each other. Each Sunday we worship together and explore our faith through scripture and lectionary based study materials. In addition to Sunday worship, other education opportunities abound at CtK.
- Cradle Roll: Our youngest learners receive SPLASH -- an at-home family mailer for children up to age 3 years.
- Intergenerational Faith Formation: We gather for CtK Grows throughout the year in 5-6 week sessions - Fall, Winter, and Spring. Each of our sessions includes intergenerational activities, dinner, and age-specific classes. All are welcome. Volunteers for teaching, cooking, or general set-up are always welcome.
- Confirmation: Confirmation for grades 7-9 is held during CtK Grows and other times throughout the year. Our curriculum is grounded in the re:Form curriculum. We strive to model and encourage a faith life rooted in the scriptures and catechism, and connected to matters of contemporary life.
- Small Groups: All are invited to participate in various small group opportunities, including: Prayer Group, Sarah Circle, Book Club, and Board Games. These groups grow from the interest of those in our community. If you want to create a small group please see Pastor Kim.
- Sacraments and Rites: These are a time of faith education and celebration: Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, and Marriage.
- Chapel School Preschool: We have an onsite preschool -- Chapel School, for ages 2-5 years. This is an NAEYC accredited program that encourages play based learning. To learn more about Chapel School, please go to www.chapelschool.orgor contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CtK Library: Our library is brimming with reading, visual and auditory materials. The card catalogue holds over 3200 titles and boasts an array of resource materials. The Book Mobile is a hit with our youngest, too. Come in and read! Take your favorite title home to enjoy. Find a devotion for Prayer Group or your next meeting. Find a book for Book Club. Watch for our annual Adopt-a-Book Fair -- there's always something new and exciting to adopt!