The Lutheran faith is a teaching movement. Learning is lifelong, centered on biblical teaching, and fosters our relationships with God and each other. Each Sunday we worship together and explore our faith through scripture and lectionary based study materials. In addition to Sunday worship, other education opportunities abound at CtK.
- Cradle Roll: Our youngest learners receive SPLASH -- an at-home family mailer for children up to age 3 years.
- Sunday School: Sunday School is held on Sunday mornings during 9:30am worship following the Sermon on the Steps for ages 4 years to grade 4, and 5-7 graders. We use SPARK and lectionary based children's bulletins.
- Confirmation: Confirmation for grades 7-9 is held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8pm. Our curriculum is Here We Stand, with a rotational model of Bible study, service projects and fellowship. We strive to model and encourage a faith life rooted in the scriptures and catechism, and connected to matters of contemporary life.
- IGroups: Adults are invited to participate in IGroup (interest group) opportunities, including: Bible Study, Prayer Group, Sarah Circle, Men's Breakfast, Arts & Crafts, Book Club, Board Games, and Health & Fitness.
- Sacraments and Rites: These are a time of faith education and celebration: Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, and Marriage.
- Chapel School Preschool: We have an onsite preschool -- Chapel School, for ages 2-5 years. This is an NAEYC accredited program that encourages play based learning. To learn more about Chapel School, please go to www.chapelschool.orgor contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CtK Library: Our library is brimming with reading, visual and auditory materials. The card catalogue holds over 3200 titles and boasts an array of resource materials. The Book Mobile is a hit with our youngest, too. Come in and read! Take your favorite title home to enjoy. Find a devotion for Prayer Group or your next meeting. Find a book for Book Club. Watch for our annual Adopt-a-Book Fair -- there's always something new and exciting to adopt!